Priorities

Discussion in 'Hot Topic Zone ... & the Flame Pit' started by wanderer109, Mar 31, 2014.

1. wanderer109

wanderer109 Active Member

Sorry about the Crimea, hope they find the plane BUT, the Orioles beat the Red Sox 2-1 in the season opener!!!

2. bluelake

bluelake New Member

I presume these are either baseball or your football teams you are refering to. I dunno which.

At an English football game Liverpool (Beatle's city) were hammering a London team Tottenham 4-0. So the Tottenham supporters decided to have a laugh by singing and cheering.....let's pretend we scored a goal. btw...Spurs=Tottenham. Not that I have any interest in football. Yes, I know, I am a boring b*****d.

https://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/video/spurs-supporters-see-funny-side-082639807.html

3. wanderer109

Baseball, of course

4. bfrug

bfrug Moderator

How come in the "World Series" there are only US teams ?

5. wanderer109

Feel free to send one of your baseball teams to participate in that competition.

6. FeetandBooze

FeetandBooze Member

Because the Blue Jays suck haha.

7. undrneath1

undrneath1 Moderator

You know that brings up a curious point....one never hears anything about England and baseball. Certainly someone over there likes it. I mean most sports, no matter where they originated, are enjoyed the world over these days.

8. FeetandBooze

FeetandBooze Member

I know guys here (USA) who are big rugby fans, a co-worker of mine is English and grew up addicted to American Football.

9. stepoverme58

stepoverme58 always in the way

It's pretty big in the Netherlands; they call it "Honkbal". Because there are 4 Honks. And there's a ball....

Really, no kidding around.

10. wanderer109

There is an annual rugby tournament at one of the regional parks hereabouts.
    US pro sports all have players from other nations. Several Japanese pitchers are very successful.

11. bluelake

bluelake New Member

have a look at this picture and see the best public jobs in US.
    Football coaches??

12. wanderer109

Major football programs earn lots of money for their university so a coach capable of building a successful program is worth a big salary.

13. Mistress_B

Mistress_B $ You'll Be Bled Dry $

Hmmm

LOL
    Love the name! ;)

Like UN1, I am quite curious as well. Why is it just the US?