Do U.S. Southerners know something the rest of us don't?

Aug 10, 2002
PacNW
Visit site

ONE OF THESE THINGS IS NOT LIKE THE OTHER.... A new Research 2000 poll conducted for Daily Kos asked respondents a rather straightforward question: "Do you believe that Barack Obama was born in the United States of America or not?"

So either our brethren in Georgia and Alabama et al have seen through the clever lies or they are seriously off in la-la land.

Cheers!

Giblet

Aug 27, 2002
Florida
Visit site
Not sure what this "poll" proves. They asked 600 people from the South (or an average of 50 people from each state listed as being from the South. Florida's 2009 population alone - 18.5 million) for their opinion.

Sorry but I don't trust the credibility of Daily Kos to "research" anything fairly. An average sampling of the postings of the "hate" crowd who contribute to that place on a daily basis make the birthers look like scholars.

Last edited:

wanderer109

Dec 7, 2002
Virginia US
Visit site
There is a hint of a real question about his nationality stemming from the fact that he has never provided an official birth certificate substituting instead a less formal document called a certificate of live birth. I pray he is truly a natural born American because if he isnt we will be in the deepest internal crisis of our history except for the civil war.

Aug 27, 2002
Florida
Visit site
Well half the people in this country probably couldn't provide an actual birth certificate either. Things get lost over the years or misplaced.

Think of all the people involved that would have to be part of this so-called conspiracy. It just doesn't make sense and as Judge Judy always says..."if it doesn't make sense, it isn't true".

Anyway, with all the valid disagreements a conservative should have with the Obama agenda, I don't know why someone would waste their time and energy on this thing. It's becoming the right wing version of "Bush bombed the 9/11 towers".

Last edited:

wanderer109

Dec 7, 2002
Virginia US
Visit site
Well it is most unlikely a non story. BUT, if it were true it would be a very huge deal. There would be no need to take any action to "remove" him as he was never the President to begin with if he were not native born. He would merely be arrested tossed out of the White House and await trial on the basis of fraud at least. BUT, the big thing for the nation would be that all of his actions would be invalid, all laws signed, appointments made, decisions taken etc etc. His presidency would be a nullity.
He would not have been the President legally because he failed to meet the Constitutional requirements for the office if the birth issue were indeed real.
So, dismiss it if you choose to BUT hope there is no merit to the claim of the birthers.
This is my opinon as a non-lawyer I would wish to hear the views of a lawyer on the matter.

wanderer109

Dec 7, 2002
Virginia US
Visit site
Addendum: Arrested and charged if it were clear that he knew he was ineligible. I for one have had to take my mom's word about the details of my birth.
Also frightening in that scenario is the fact that Pelosi would become second in line.
If that doesn't concern you you havent been paying attention.

crushed1

Aug 27, 2002
Philladelphis, PA
Visit site
Ken,

"Americans had all the time in the world (in what was to my memory the longest campaign ever) to seek information about Senator Obama. They had their chance, so tough shit if they blew something basic like this kind of vetting."

Just how many REPUBLICAN state officials in Hawaii have to look at the original birth certificate for you and the rest of the froot loops to believe that he was born there? Last time I checked - Hawaii became a state about three years before Obama's birth in Honolulu. Than makes him a native born American citizen.

Or do you think 47+ years ago his white Kansas born Mother and Grandparents (not to mention his Muslim Kenyan father) knew he'd be in the perfect position to make a successful run at the US Presidencey (which had been and would be held only by white/christians until he won) so they better dummy up a birth certificate - get the state of Hawaii to sign off on the fraud - AND place ads in the news papers as well just as a crowning touch.

The birthers should shut up, not because "it's too late" but because there isn't a shred of truth or foundation to their bullshit :he not one of us," bullshit.

Oh and just in case you weren't actually implying that you personally have a doubt about the athenticity of the President's birth credentials, sorry for lumping you in with the nut jobs. Really.

Last edited:

crushed1

Aug 27, 2002
Philladelphis, PA
Visit site
Would you please read the whole post? I totally disassociated myself from the whole birther nonsense... and added reasons why even if the baloney were true it wouldn't matter (Wanderer, exactly who would arrest him?).

C'mon, man, you know better. Not only am I prone against conspiracy theories, I also am not completely ignorant of politics - this makes those nut jobs look like ... what was your word? Fruit Loops... yah, that's is the truth. It just works in Obamanista's favor to have these people talking silliness like that.

I stand by my prior statement. I just think you misread the intent of it.

Let's have a vote here of those who thought from my post that I was one of the birthers? :rolleyes:

Which is WHY... my last sentence apologized to you if you were not implying any doubt on your part.....but i have yet to see you actually make an affirmative statement regarding the "question" at hand. That is why I wasn't sure about your feelings regarding the veracity of the President's place of birth.

So again Ken, I am sorry I lumped you in with the birther fools.

On Edit: LOLOLOLOLOLOL

And I didn't see your follow up post aknowledging my last sentence! :thumbsup2::rofl:

Last edited:

crushed1

Aug 27, 2002
Philladelphis, PA
Visit site
You're almost as bad at the birthers looking for the ultimate definitive proof from Obama that he was born here. I sure got the impression he wasn't supporting their cause.
Actually no. The difference is I would be satisfied with a simple, "I know damn well President Obama was born in Hawaii." There would be no following, " but what do you really MEAN by born?????"

And again - read my original post I said it right there: I acknowledged that Ken had not specifically thrown in with those retards. And in my follow up I further acknowledge his assertion of distance from the loons. What more do YOU want? will this do? Ken is not a birther.

Last edited:

wanderer109

Dec 7, 2002
Virginia US
Visit site
And just how, may I inquire, is anyone in this bunch qualified to make a definitive statement about the facts of Obama's birth? I take no position as I have no facts on the matter.
Who would arrest him? well my guess would be US Marshals, perhaps the FBI, or could be Capitol Police, maybe even DC Metro. You seem to not be clear on the concept that if the birther thing were true he would NOT be the President. So, anyone with arrest
authority could slap on the cuffs.
I say again that if it were true it would be a huge constitutional and governmental crisis and gave reasons.

Aug 27, 2002
Florida
Visit site
is anyone in this bunch qualified to make a definitive statement about the facts of Obama's birth?

Is there anyone in the world qualified to offer the definitive statement? What, in your opinion, would qualify as the ultimate proof of his birth anyway? (we can probably rule out the existence of video footage of the actual birth)

wanderer109

Dec 7, 2002
Virginia US
Visit site
I repeat and insist that if the birther thing were true he would not now be nor ever would have been the President because he failed to meet the constitutional requirements of native birth. So, in my view the oath would have been irrelevant.
Your argument that someone falsely elected, as he would have been if the birthers were correct, must remain in office until the next election fails the test of basic logic.
he would not have been the legitimate President and so would have none of the protections and priveleges. I would still like to hear from a qualified lawyer on this issue.

wanderer109

Dec 7, 2002
Virginia US
Visit site
Second thoughts: what's prohibited is a person not qualified from being President, the remedy is that the person cannot be President. Basic logic
Also, I wonder about the eagerness of many to howl down the birthers as wackjobs, looneys and other such facile denigrations.
ie: church to astronomer "you say the earth revolves around the sun? wacko!
scientist to inventor "you say railroads will be able to reach speeds higher than 10 mph when every one knows humans cannot draw breath at speeds greater than that" - Lunatic!
and many other examples of the conventional wisdom being quite wrong. So let us admit we dont know, have no info but let the declaimers declaim and simply ignore them or disagree whats the point of the insults? Save those for liberals! <g>

Last edited:

crushed1

Aug 27, 2002
Philladelphis, PA
Visit site
How about, "I'm as convinced as I need to be."? I don't know that George Bush was born here because I haven't seen his birth certificate. But I don't have any question about it. Likewise, I don't have any question about whether Barack Obama was born in Hawaii. For me both are non-issues.

(laughing)... anybody remember where Senator John McCain was born? Ahem.

Definitly good enough..... (fighting the urge to tweak UN1 by asking for further clarification of your position). :devil:

I'm glad YOU asked that question.... I was definitely thinking about that little McFact.