Please help him

trail

Dec 24, 2002
Norway
Are you out of your mind over there in the Usa, at least in Arizona?

This poor unlucky guy, who never did anything wrong, now ask to be executed.

I have translated the today headline from Vg for you:
https://translate.google.no/translate?hl=no&sl=no&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.vg.no%2Fnyheter%2Futenriks%2Fusa%2Ffengselsdoemt-nordmann-i-soeknad-ber-om-aa-bli-henrettet%2Fa%2F23461936%2F

7.5 years +torture for driving wrong in a one-way street accidentally, and no one even got hurt, wtf..?? :confused:

What is the matter with americans sometimes, I thought you were our friends. Think if we did something like that to an american :(

bfrug

Aug 7, 2002
SE UK
Something tells me there's more to this story - maybe it's been distorted by "media deletion"................

trail

Dec 24, 2002
Norway
He is not well and denied to take his medicine for pain.

Todays headline: Last night his application to be executed was rejected

It's not a laughing matter this. He suffers with autism, asperger syndrom or something like that. He need help, not bullying and torture. I have read quite some about this, and feel very sorry for this poor unlucky friend. :(

Infact, in just this I expect a little bit support and understanding on his behalf. Otherwise I am finished here. Simple as that, but then I dont want to be here anymore at this board.

bfrug

Aug 7, 2002
SE UK
I expect a little bit support and understanding on his behalf.
The media often distort the truth by omitting relevant details, which is why I asked - simply to be in command of the full facts so that I may come to an informed opinion.

The information in the link provided seemed to show that the initial response to the alleged/proved misdemenors was a bit heavy handed. However, I'm not too sure that the link contained all the relevant information.

At the end of the day MDFF's is an "American House" so you cannot really expect much support when you come to that house to critisise how they run it - past experience will bear that out.

Aug 27, 2002
Florida
Visit site
I read in the story that the Norwegion was caught trying to sell the medicine he was given..no wonder they don't give it to him anymore.

Not sure about the "American House" comment, it sure hasn't stopped anyone from posting negative comments here concerning the US in the past....."past experience bears that out"

bfrug

Aug 7, 2002
SE UK
I read in the story that the Norwegion was caught trying to sell the medicine he was given..no wonder they don't give it to him anymore.
Agreed (&, as you know we don't agree often LOL !)

Not sure about the "American House" comment, it sure hasn't stopped anyone from posting negative comments here concerning the US in the past....."past experience bears that out"
Certainly people still have pops at the Yanks (I do, myself make TIC comments). I don't agree with a lot of what the US does as a country (but I do like most of the Yanks as people), but I would not come to an American house to critise.

I did, some time ago ask a relevant & serious question regarding Gary McKinnon, but got virtually no response.

Aug 27, 2002
Florida
Visit site
I did, some time ago ask a relevant & serious question regarding Gary McKinnon, but got virtually no response.
It's unfortunate but most Americans are so self absorbed they probably didn't have a clue who he was or why he was in the news. I don't necessarily blame the citizens for that. The media here so focuses on domestic news and pop celebrity crap like the Kardashians that the average citizen probably doesn't have much opportunity to learn what else is going on in the world unless they venture onto international media outlets while browsing the internet.

Last edited:

DSG

Feb 2, 2006
Midwest
Visit site
The sentence he received for the aggravated assault was harsh and I feel for the man.
I believe the legal system here needs to be more proactive instead of reactive.
Just look at the stats from wikipedia

In October 2013, the incarceration rate of the United States of America was the highest in the world, at 716 per 100,000 of the national population. While the United States represents about 4.4 percent of the world's population, it houses around 22 percent of the world's prisoners.[2] Imprisonment of America's 2.3 million prisoners, costing $24,000 per inmate per year, and $5.1 billion in new prison construction, consumes $60.3 billion in budget expenditures.
As of 2014 the high incarceration rates have started to modestly decline, although still remain the highest in the world

Attachments

Let's look at some facts:

* Bystanders were waving and screaming at him.
* He was reckless in the way he drove within the crowd, disregarding his safety as well as that of the people around him.
* Witnesses reported that Larsgard made threats during the incident.
* His actions were such that a father, whose kids were threatened by the reckless driving, followed Larsgard and punched him in the face.
* Larsgard claims that he reacted by "trying to get out of there".
* Witnesses testified that he drove towards people.
* Witnesses described him as being "in rage", he refused requests to turn around. He reacted by screaming back and driving as if he was going to hit them.
* People reacted to his driving by getting out of his way in panic.

John Larsgard previously had altercations in Alabama, Illinois, and California. In one case, he ran over a man's bicycle. Unfortunately, none of these instances led to his being arrested.

This shows a continuing trend of aggressive, threatening behavior.

There has been a recent incident, in California, where a woman that has had a history of altercations, rammed into a motorcycle and ran over the driver. She killed him in the process.

It's something like this that the court in Arizona was addressing.

In the article that Trail posted, John continues to show a pattern of not doing what he was supposed to do.

Realistically, he should serve out his time. Trail's request to "help" the guy will generally fall on deaf ears.

First, the facts indicate that John Larsgard drove recklessly. This stemmed from his having anger and control issues. The police will generally tell a driver that they are responsible for controlling their vehicle. The general American public understand that.

John Larsgard blamed his "state of mind" for his action that day. However, that's shifting the blame. Bottom line, his anger and control issues resulted in him driving recklessly.

Second, he is sitting in jail in Arizona, there's nothing that any of us living in the other US states could do for him. The United States government can't even help him either.

This is an Arizona state issue. Each US state is "sovereign", and can "tell" the other US states and US government to "pound sand" when it comes to state issues that are within their "left and right limits."

Third, he was given a prison sentence, not the death sentence. He is in no position to request execution. The courts are in no position to grant it. One cannot lament him being in pain when he has "cheeked" his medications with the intentions of committing foul play.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/04/27/norwegian-driver-wrong-turn-leads-to-az-prison/

undrneath1,

There are American news sources that cover international news. In fact, Newsmax.com covers national, international, and finance news. It's based in Florida. You are right though, most of the American public is provincial when it comes to news outlook.

Also, I want to elaborate on what the "past experience bears out" partially alludes to. The flame pit used to be active. When I came here, in 2003, there was no shortages of people in Europe and Asia bashing the United States.

I took them on one by one, and I showed no mercy. I succeeded in destroying their arguments and in forcing them into lurk mode. The flame pit started to slow down after that. Then, in 2005/2006, DTD completed the job.

Last edited:

trail

Dec 24, 2002
Norway
The sentence he received for the aggravated assault was harsh and I feel for the man.
I believe the legal system here needs to be more proactive instead of reactive.
Just look at the stats from wikipedia

In October 2013, the incarceration rate of the United States of America was the highest in the world, at 716 per 100,000 of the national population. While the United States represents about 4.4 percent of the world's population, it houses around 22 percent of the world's prisoners.[2] Imprisonment of America's 2.3 million prisoners, costing $24,000 per inmate per year, and $5.1 billion in new prison construction, consumes $60.3 billion in budget expenditures.
As of 2014 the high incarceration rates have started to modestly decline, although still remain the highest in the world
Thank you, this saved me :)

And thanks also to all others, for their honest opinion.

May 3, 2011
Thank you, this saved me :)

And thanks also to all others, for their honest opinion.

you should ask yourself, what would the Vikings do ?

Like ISIS, they would surely behead the guy...

Maybe its karma kicking in.... at this very moment

At least he can go to Valhalla

Theres no difference between Valhalla and bearded Vikings and ISIS and their adventures invoking Allah

stepoverme58

always in the way
Apr 28, 2006
you should ask yourself, what would the Vikings do ?

Like ISIS, they would surely behead the guy...

Maybe its karma kicking in.... at this very moment

At least he can go to Valhalla

Theres no difference between Valhalla and bearded Vikings and ISIS and their adventures invoking Allah

No, you CANNOT go to Walhalla. Walhalla is reserved for people who died with a sword in their hands.

Karma has got nothing to do with it.

There's an ENORMOUS difference between Vikings and Jihadis.

All this easy access to the World's Knowledge via the Internet and you still don't have a clue....

trail

Dec 24, 2002
Norway
Allways this nonsence about vikings. :rolleyes: In the middle age people did bad things everywhere.

We live in 2015 now if you please :)

trail

Dec 24, 2002
Norway
Yes but they are still back there. We are in the west, that's a difference.
Most people are okay. But I think Arizona also have been left behind someway?

Yes I think so. South states vs north states in the US, there was a terrible thing going on there not long ago. South Carolina I think it was?, yes I heard and read a lot about that

May 3, 2011
No, you CANNOT go to Walhalla. Walhalla is reserved for people who died with a sword in their hands.

Karma has got nothing to do with it.

There's an ENORMOUS difference between Vikings and Jihadis.

All this easy access to the World's Knowledge via the Internet and you still don't have a clue....
Okay then he will go someplace else, why would he need to go to a place he is uneasy with when he drops a bar of soap and all those swords are pointing at his small winking hole ?

There is virtually no difference between vikings and jihadis, same terror, same goals.. same barbarism. If you can't see the difference then you are just being a biased loser.

Your own quote kicks you up your backside.... surely you haven't even researched Valhalla

If you look at the ancient stories a battle death was not required to go to Valhalla. Ragnar Lodbrok for example died in a snake pit, yet in his death song he is looking forward to going to Valhalla. Those who were cremated also went to Valhalla regardless of how they died. We know this from the "Ynglinga Saga." In "Gautek's Saga," we are told of a family that would throw themselves over a cliff as a sacrifice to Odin in order to make it to Valhalla. Many modern Asatruar rely on such information to shape their beliefs so in many cases they are no different than the ancient ones. Others do not believe in Valhalla at all. Still, others think it requires a battle death.

:machine::monkey::2guns:

Aug 28, 2013
The difference between the Vikings and Jihadist martyrs is the latter believe they'll go to Paradise and be met by 70 Dark-Eyed virgins.

DSG

Feb 2, 2006
Midwest
Visit site
This whole thing talking about beliefs between two different cultures and their differences Makes me wonder what is mans greatest creation money or religion. Both can bring us to be are finest moments and yet at the same time can bring unimaginable evil