Restoring the story Archive

bfrug

Aug 7, 2002
SE UK
I imagine that it would involve a lot of work if it is indeed possible.

Sadly, the stories section has always been under appreciated.

Personally, I would think that they are all out there, scattered around the internet - just have to spend some time looking.

A lot of old stories were posted recently but as quite a number of them had references to under 18's, siblings, blood (& "step") family relatives I asked the OP to remove &/or edit the offending stories & he/she refused so I deleted the lot.

Jan 28, 2003
Visit site
None of the stories posted in the old archive were like that. This is no excuse for not restoring it. Somehow the German archive survived. If you can't then bring back the old format. All my posted stories had many chapters just like many other authors & if readers can't go back & find them why try to follow the story. This is a disappointment for me as well as others who have been waiting patently for you to resolve this problem.

bfrug

Aug 7, 2002
SE UK
None of the stories posted in the old archive were like that. This is no excuse for not restoring it. Somehow the German archive survived. If you can't then bring back the old format. All my posted stories had many chapters just like many other authors & if readers can't go back & find them why try to follow the story. This is a disappointment for me as well as others who have been waiting patently for you to resolve this problem.
MDFF's do not have to make excuses to you or anyone else for that matter - I posted the reason why the archive will probably not be restored but clearly that is not a good enough explanation for you.

Actually, some of the very old stories did contain content that is no longer acceptable thesedays, but they were posted before the rules changed, therefore anything new (or reposted) needs to follow the current rules.

DO NOT MAKE DEMANDS OR THREATS - period. (quote " If you can't then bring back the old format.")

& please don';t forget that John provides the software & bandwidth to run the forum at not cost to the members, the moderating team freely give up their spare time to help.