Smother.com - download & support problems Still?!

Erikk

May 3, 2004
Visit site
After a long gap, just decided to sign up and pay for a month's sub, mainly for quality old stuff downloads.

In spite of "membership activation" the downloads just don't play back with Windows Media Player 10 (XP Pro). It says: "Secure storage protection error. Restore your licenses from a previous backup and try again." I never did understand this DRM stuff ( I know there was long correspondence previously - but hope I'd not fall victim to it).

So I try to do the proper thing and e-mail support@diamondinternational.com - but the damn e-mails all rebound - undeliverable - connection refused!!

Is this a scam or what?

Advice please - John if you're listening!!

Erikk

Jul 11, 2002
canada.
Visit site
i've seen that error before... delete your liscences, delete the files, and re-download. the message there i only saw when john was with the horrible horrible people of "playadrm", who no longer encode john's stuff.

John

Infidel
Staff member
Jul 8, 2002
www.mistressdestiny.com
Absolutely...join one of those please...mine sucks...

Erikk, can't get that email to bounce....can anyone else send email to that address and have it bounce? We get hundreds per day....

If you can't get it to work, email me directly and I will forward...not seeing anyone else having those issues right now..

Erikk

May 3, 2004
Visit site
(1) DRM. Thanks, Rennoch, for the suggestion.

Initially tried that, but no success. However, have made progress. I run a partitioned multisystem PC with the main XP Pro (from which I subscribed) on a drive (in this instance labelled K) other than the C drive (which I keep rudimentary & rarely use) . It transpires DRM licences automatically install into the DRM system folder on the C drive. If I run XP from that (C) partition, WMV views the files OK. However this is inconvenient and in today's security climate probably not very safe. Don't think I'm all that much of a freak running partitions?

(2) E-mail access.

I've received a response from Diamond's independent spam-blocker explaining why my e-mails bounced and (of course, John, as you implied, I really just fantasised the whole problem to annoy the moderator - always doing it! - the customer is never right) and providing me with a means to clear the way for me to send e-mails to Diamond support. So I hope support may now possibly be able to help.

For anyone interested (probably no-one) this might all be mildly informative

In the meantime, however thick, stupid and irritating a customer I'm obviously be considered to be, I'm now by a rather tortuous route enjoying some of Diamond's excellent material - much appreciated.

Erikk