technical help?

MrCrypt

Face Mush
Dec 4, 2002
Los Angeles, California
Could be your browser. Try another browser just for shits and giggles. I've refreshed the page over and over and over and didn't have an issue. Also, you may want to try upgrading your flash player version (or reinstalling it). Sometimes the plug-in gets buried or screwy.

Jul 11, 2002
canada.
Visit site
Could be your browser. Try another browser just for shits and giggles. I've refreshed the page over and over and over and didn't have an issue. Also, you may want to try upgrading your flash player version (or reinstalling it). Sometimes the plug-in gets buried or screwy.
tested, same problems across the boards - and specifically intermittent. i think it's a difference between using a UK.youtube.com link and a www.youtube.com link, though i can't see how.

MrCrypt

Face Mush
Dec 4, 2002
Los Angeles, California
Well, interestingly enough, that can be the issue.

Youtube uses a CDN (Content Delivery Network). What this network does is allow people from all over the world to view pages and media faster without dealing with large amounts of "hops" and relays. It also splits up traffic/bandwidth based on geographical location to optimize bandwidth. To achieve this, a copy of every video must be on every server cluster at each node of the CDN. Any video uploaded must be shared with all other Youtube servers around the world, basically. However, if a video is entered into the system but hasn't been shared to all youtube server CDN nodes, it's possible that someone (you in this case) may be trying to access a video that hasn't yet been shared to the CDN node closest to you.